- #: 29727
- Price: $0.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Games
- Updated: 2009-07-14
- Current Version: 1.2
- Size: 21.90 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chillingo Ltd
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 2.2 or later
- © MoreGames Entertainment
Add to Favorite apps
Knights Onrush is an intensely addictive and fun castle defence game. As the enemies attack, flick them into the air, crush them into ground, blow them up, freeze them, boil them, sacrifice them, anything goes! PRESS QUOTES:Nominated for Best Action…..
What's New in Version 1.2
- New weapon - Freezing Bolt.
- OpenFeint upgraded to 2.0
- Lowered difficulty for Easy
- Added cheat option for those who have troubles passing specific levels.
- Made more obvious when certain upgrades are disabled.
- Added hints
- Game made more "responsive" - it's now easier to flick bad guys.
- Fixed "disappearing" campaign ("yellow dots" issue).
- Performance optimization
Rated 3/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
One of the best Touch games, BUT...
HJ California write:
DO. NOT. BUY. (yet) Here's why.
The positives: it's the best "Castle Defense" game for touch/iPhone. Best graphics, immense replayability, tons of fun. Top overall game if you love chaos and using your finger as God. BUT BUT BUT, this 5-star game will continue to get 1-star from me until they fix the following MAJOR problems:
1) A Phone Call will screw everything up; the game will either crash or continue unpaused and unseen. There sort-of is a saved game, but it's buggy as hell... If you start a game, you better finish it. That means NO CALLS. NO PAUSES. Not even the bathroom. All the good of this game is obliterated when a simple phone call can ruin an hour of work. Fix: next update, tell the game to pause and SAVE so that you can resume a campaign midway through. You should be able to save in the middle of a game anyway.
2) The "touch" feature gets incredibly laggy and counter-intuitive in the heavy stages. For example, I've lost games in the last round because 50+ enemies were onscreen, including machines, and when my GodFinger™ goes to drag them, it "accidentally" picks up one of the runts hiding behind the catapults. Repeatedly. Perhaps it would be more intuitive, in a crowd, for the software to recognize the most dangerous elements first? Especially those in the foreground?
This may be an incredible game, but until these issues are addressed, save your money. No game is fun when it goes haywire on you at the end. Fix these, devs, and I'll be the first to update my review.
One more update could make this 5stars!!
Derik Bushnell write:
Regarding Update 1.2:
I really like this update. The new freezing bolt is pretty cool (although, I wish you could use a frozen enemy to cause damage to others). Hints are cool but HOW DO I TURN THEM OFF?? I don't know how many more times I need to read I can stop a barrel in the air! It does seem to run a lot smoother but here are a couple of bugs I still notice:
Occasionally enimies and purchased items will flicker (disappear) off the screen for a second then come back (can't seem to see a patteren but very annoying!) Occasionally when using the flame weapons, launching it towards the ground it will stick in the ground for 2-3 seconds before it actually works and starts to cause damage! (also highly annoying as the flame that you launch towards the middle doesn't do any good if the guys have time to reach the door!) Getting a "Victory" sometimes happens before the round is over.. guys still attacking... guys still in the pit that I haven't got credit for yet.. was this meant to be?? All in all this update got you a 4/5 up from my last 3/5. Come on guys! One more great update like this and 5/5
Knights Onrush is the best game I have played on the iPhone! So good that I look past the bugs while playing. I would like, however, to see the bugs fixed. It is such a clean games that runs really smooth for the most part. There are things though, like enemies hanging mid-air when another enemy is on the hook hanging. I have had everyone on the screen disappear then reappear. The menu that was "designed to offer less equipment to make the level harder" could be cleaned up to make it line up and not look like your phone lagged out and didn't load everything! Last thing.. we want MORE! Those of us who've played it, love it! MORE MORE MORE ;P
Looking forward to updates. A game this awesome deserves to live on forever!
I update my reviews when people update their apps. Looking forward to that soon!
I felt compelled to write this review because of the quality of the new update for this relatively new game. When I first saw that there was an update, I expected it to be a simple optimization of the game engine or something along those lines. I was sorely mistaken; the content of the new update is astounding. Not only is there a new weapon, but they also fixed the difficulty level and added a cheat mode. There is nothing I like to see more than a developer that truly cares to support its customers. Well done, Chillingo!
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes
Related to «Knights Onrush» applications
This is a promo game made based on Knights Onrush characters and graphics - it's free and fully functional. However, it's totally different kind of a game. You control one character and your… [more..]
Price: free |
---------------------------------------TIME LIMITED SALE - 80% OFF!---------------------------------------From the makers of iDracula, we bring you Knights Onrush Free!Knights are now officially… [more..]
Price: free |
Top #5 Overall in SingaporeTop #26 Arcade Game in the USATop #28 Action Game in the USATop #12 Arcade Game in PortugalTop #12 Arcade Game in CanadaTop #15 Arcade Game in Hong KongTop #16 Arcade Game… [more..]
Price: $1.99 |
Jailbreak: Voice Onrush Lite is a byte-sized teaser to the highly rated Jailbreak: Voice Onrush.4 Stages of fun-filled mazes where you dodge your enemies as you try to find a way out!This is a… [more..]
Price: free |
Fight for your kingdom. Make your strategy to fight for you castle. Features: Up to 30 levels 2 different locations Normal and Hard Mode 45 knights & items to fight Video trailer http://www… [more..]
Price: $3.99 |
Fight for your kingdom. Make your strategy to fight for you castle.Features: Up to 30 levels 2 different locations Normal and Hard Mode45 knights & items to fightVideo trailer http://www.youtube… [more..]
Price: $4.99 |
* Knights!!!! They are here!* Kill your enemies and win the game!* Collect hidden treasures!-Beware of this crazy game!Run through the landscape and fight your enemies. Avoid obstacles and collect… [more..]
Price: free |
STRIKE KNIGHT is the next great free and highly addictive game from Backflip Studios, makers of the popular PAPER TOSS. Please enjoy this timing based arcade bowling game with great caution, as it is… [more..]
Price: free |
The Surprising Knight: A Lesson in Loving OthersVeggieTalesDoug Peterson6/1/2006Who is this mysterious man that appeared in the castle on the night before the Pie Contest? Find out how the mystery man… [more..]
Price: $3.99 |